Wednesday, August 26, 2009

B.P. S.O.L.

Today my BP kid started to show his true colors. B.P. stands for "behavior program." He has a behavior checklist and I made sure to put an "x" in the sections where appropriate. But, I have this sneaky suspicion that it is not going to do much good.

My opinion on behavior checklists has dipped in the last few years. The lists are too detailed and too time consuming. Plus, students really seem to know how to skirt around the "behavior targets" so that they still act out without getting marked for it. It seems like I'm always dealing in "gray" areas. Tired of it.

That's all for today.

2 comments:

Mister Teacher said...

This is why God created the classification "OTHER." For just such occasions...

Rachel said...

Looking forward to reading your posts throughout this upcoming school year! Came across your blog via Learn Me Good (just found that yesterday too) and proceeded to read through every single one of your entries despite the fact that I told myself I'd take a nap because I'm feeling sick.

As for those behavior issues ... I email students' parents if their kids are acting up, but sometimes it's difficult to find a way to write, "He was just plain annoying today." How do I explain that it's not that the kid said something disrespectful or passed a note ... he was just ... ANNOYING. Haha.